Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cutest banana in the world?

I know, I know, you're sick of hearing about bananas. Am I a one trick pony or what? Well I don't care, because we have the cutest banana ever to show off.


It stands 9cm (3.5 inches) short and weighs 28 grams. It's the last banana on our first plant and I think it couldn't make up its mind whether it was a girl or a boy.

So now that all the fruit are harvested we need to chop the old plant down to let the follower take over. We might leave it until we have time to make compost with it, there would have to be at least 50kg of potassium rich biomass there. The follower we selected is now as big as its predecessor so we're hoping it will fruit next summer. The follower is the one on the right, with the old plant on the left (see the old fruit stork hanging down).


The other plant to the left has about 150 immature fruit on it, with a smaller follower in front.

1 comment: